- Info Centre
- Get Support
- Support Us
- Say Hello
Why your donation matters
We’re a not for profit organisation dedicated to raising awareness of depression, stamping out the stigma and above all, providing support to those affected by the illness.
Our volunteer mentors are there to support those affected by depression every single day of the year. We receive no government funding yet operate a vital mentoring scheme, which for many is the first step for reducing isolation. Without the valuable support you provide, we simply would not be able to do this.
Did you know….?
- People from all walks of life suffer from depression. It doesn’t discriminate and neither do we.
- Between 8-12% of the population experience depression in any year. (The Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report, 2001)
- Worldwide, 5.8% of men and 9.5% of women will experience a depressive episode in a 12 month period, a total of about 121 million people.
- The World Health Organisation forecasts that by 2020 depression will be the second leading contributor to the global burden of disease.
- 850,000 children and young people in the UK have a mental health problem
Your help and commitment makes a huge difference
£10 provides mentoring to 5 people affected by depression
£50 provides workshop/event resources and promotional materials to help raise awareness and stamp out stigma
£195 covers the cost of a half day workshop, at a secondary school, to promote the mental health and wellbeing of young people